Home » Blue Angels Schedule » Blue Angels’ flyin’ into town for homecoming airshow
Blue Angels Schedule

Blue Angels’ flyin’ into town for homecoming airshow

The Navy’s Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, will close the 2015 season at their annual homecoming air show at Pensacola Naval Air Station at 9:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
In addition to the regularly scheduled air shows, there will also be a special Friday night performance at 3:30 p.m. complete with full afterburner and pyrotechnics and one of the largest fireworks shows in the Pensacola area.
While weather.com reports fair temperatures at 80 degrees this weekend, it will be partly cloudy on Friday and Saturday shows scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
Patrick Nichols, Pensacola Naval Air Station public affairs officer, said base personnel were keeping a close watch on the weather.
“There’s a 40 percent chance of rain, but that means there’s a 60 percent chance of sunshine,” he said. “That’s what we’re hoping for.”
Nichols said in the event of passing showers, the show could be postponed. He said the show could be cancelled in the event of heavy rainfall, but that for now everything was moving ahead as planned.
Proceeding the Blue Angels’ performances, the demo team’s C-130 Hercules transport Fat Albert will open the show with a short-field take-off and low-level passes. Other performances throughout the show include the 1920s “Barnstormers” Taperwing body Screamin’ Sasquatch-Jet Waco; the vintage WWII aircraft team, the GEICO Skytypers; the Goodyear Extra 300SC; the world’s only jet-launched sail plane, the Vertigo Air Shows Jet Glider; the world’s largest precision-flying air show team, Team AeroDynamix; Wing Walker Theresa Stokes with Gene Soucy; team Redline R8s; the Shockwave Jet Truck; and a Precision Exotics race between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.
The homecoming show will also offer attendees the chance to see more than 50 military and civilian aircraft up close and close as they will be on display.

Gates to access

Jesse Edmonds of Mobile, Ala. flies his U.S. Navy/Blue Angels kite early
Saturday morning while waiting for the Pensacola Beach 2010 Airshow to
get underway.

Gates to access the base will open at 8 a.m. both days.
There is a 100-percent I.D. check in progress and guests should have a photo ID ready when they approach the base gates. The will be random vehicle inspections, and coolers, pack packs, pets and weapons are be prohibited at the air show.
Admission and parking for all shows is free. Areas will be reserved for the physically challenged, and there will be a shuttle services from parking lots.
Paid bleacher seats are available, and food and memorabilia will be available at various concession stands. Attendees are encouraged to bring sunscreen, lawn chairs, blankets and other essentials.
For additional information on the show and reserved seating, go to http://www.NASPensacolaAirShow.com/

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: