Planning to head to Pensacola Beach to see the annual air show featuring the Blue Angels? Well, if you were planning to go today and haven’t left yet, too bad.
According to a post on the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, “10:15 am Traffic on Pensacola Beach Blvd for @BlueAngels Airshow is moving very slow – nearly at a stand-still at this time. Parking Lots at Casino Beach and Quietwater Boardwalk are FULL. Parking is available both East and West on the beach and the trolleys are running continuously. The trolleys will run until 6 pm so you can park and catch a ride.”
On the weather scene, there will be a slight chance of rain, but the weather should be hot and sunny for the Blue Angels show.
Today is forecast to be mostly sunny with a high near 91. There will be a 20 percent chance of showers.
Flags are purple and yellow on Pensacola Beach today. There are green and purple flags at Navarre Beach.
Tonight is expected the be partly cloudy with a low of 76. There will be a 20 percent chance of rain, mainly before 8 p.m.
Saturday should be mostly sunny with a high of 90.
aturday night will bring a low of 78 and a slight chance of showers after 2 a.m.
There will be a slight chance of precipitation all day Sunday. Otherwise, it should be sunny with a high of 92 and a low around 79.
The 2015 Pensacola Beach Air Show featuring the Blue Angels will have its dress rehearsal at noon today. The official show is noon Saturday, with the Blues appearing at 2 p.m.
All trolleys will run hourly today and Saturday and some will be available from 6 p.m. to midnight both days. From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today from Portofino Resort to Park West. From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday to outlying parking areas around Casino Beach extending to Park East.
• Have at least a gallon of water for each person in your party to drink.
• Wear loose-fitting and tightly-woven clothes.
• Take an umbrella or other shade that can be secured in the sand to protect you from the sun.
• Take plenty of sunscreen and reapply it often, starting at least 20 minutes before getting into the water and reapplying when you get out, or every two hours if you aren’t getting in the water.
• Consider hearing protection, especially for young children.
• Wear shoes, as this time of the year, the sand and pavement can be too hot for bare feet.
Tips and warnings
• Call 911 in case of emergency.
• Choose a landmark to meet family and friends in case you get separated.
• Kites will not be allowed during the air show.
• Glass containers and pets will not be allowed on the beach (except dogs in the two designated dog parks during regular operating hours).
• Please be sure not to leave anything living — children, pets, etc. — in your car.
• Open alcohol drinks are not allowed in public parking lots.
• The air show cannot start until all swimmers are out of the water within the performance zone, so please get out immediately when you are asked.
• Always dive in feet first.
• Boaters should be on the lookout for swimmers.
• Visit pnj.com, use our mobile app or check out local radio stations for traffic updates.
• Traffic to the event from Navarre to Gulf Breeze will be directed to the far right lane. The left lane is for local traffic only.
• Gas is scarce on the island and traffic will back up. Head out with a full tank.
• Don’t drink and drive. Have a designated driver or take a taxi.
• The event draws a lot of traffic. Plan to arrive early and stay late after the event to avoid traffic jams.
• Parking on Pensacola Beach is limited, another reason to arrive early.
• Do not block emergency access locations, bike paths, sidewalks or medians. Park only in marked sports or off the roadway.